Wednesday 27 April 2011

A Sunday Diary

A SUNDAY DIARY

TRRNNNNNGGG!!!

I jumped from my bed when the alarm hit 6 am.
"Why the hell did I set my alarm this early on a fine Sunday?",i asked myself,disturbed.
Oops..i almost forgot that today i have to attend a marriage and i'l have to take a long drive alone.

"Hey Sree,please dont wake me up for tea or cofee.I wanna sleep.Tell me when you leave.Hmmm...",that was my wife murmuring under her blanket.Lovely.
Once again i just checked the wedding card to make sure the place where i have to go.On every occassion i get a wedding card,three words come into my mind..."SREEKUMAR weds REVATI MUKUNDAN"..hmmm..the sweetest moment in my life.Yes,ours was a love marriage.

TRRRNNGGGGG!!!!
The snooze in tha alarm woke me up from my thoughts.I rushed to the bathroom and had a quick shower and got ready in an hour.
"Hey Revz,m leaving...see you at in the evening...bye tak care"...I did not wait for a reply from her because no one can expect a reply from a sleeping wife.

The climate was cool.
"Aahh...nice day...i miss my blanket",i said to myself and tuned my FM into some chirpy music program.
As i drove by,i saw some school students on their bicycles,chattering each other.They were smiling,laughing and they seemed very happy.
I sighed.

I miss them..my school days..the most exciting and happy days of my life.I never loved my college days.But school was everything for me.It was my school that changed me,that gave me my Revz,that gave colors to my life and also Prianka...Prianka Krishnan...my special friend.
I drove my car to around 15 years back..........................
.

I was nervous and a little bit angry when i stepped into my new school when i was in 6th.I never wanted to miss my friends and my old school but i had no other go.I nervously entered the class and sat on the last bench.I had heard that the classes already started a few days ago and i joined late.The first period was English and a female teacher with specs entered the class and started asking questions.My heart began to beat faster and i started to sweat becuase i was weak at english.But suddenly a slim,oili-haired girl stood up and answered all the questions.Wow...thank God..she saved me..and that was the first time i saw her..prianka.

Days passed by and we became friends...she was a bubbly girl who always wanted to talk.Her eyes were big but liked them..they were beautiful.We played a lot...talked a lot...laughed a lot..but all these lasted for a year only.Gradually she kept herself away from me.I never knew why,even now i dont know the reason.For the next six years she was never friendly to me.At times,she talked to me,only when she was angry,just to call me STUPID.

But smehow, iwas falling more into her.Some may think, an 8th standard kid falling in love?Kinda wierd.But i will never say that what i had for her was love,but my feelings for her were special...
Whenever i cycled back home after the classes,i always searched for her eyes in the crowd...whenever i went by my school premises  i looked for her...i even hunted for her in theatres,supermarkets,hotels...and whenever i saw her or whenever she looked at me,it was like heaven for me.I have even prayed for her glances at me because  i loved her eyes...i even liked her "stupids" because even then she is talking to me...i always thought why the hell she is not coming back to me.what might i have done that wrong!
I buried my feelings for her within me and soon the school days were over.

HONK!HONK!!
OMG!that truck almost kissed my car.I woke up from my thoughts and i realised that i was hungry.I had my food from a motel nearby and resumed my trip.My trip to past....

After my school, i never heard about her for the next two years and in fact i never bothered to...because by that time,an angel conquered my heart and that angel is right now is sleeping on my bed.
But after two years,somehow i got her phone number and i tried to re-establish my friendship with her.the response was tremendous.She flooded my inbox with messages,called me frequently...as if she were missing me for a long time..and 8 years is in fact a long time.
She knew that i was in an affair and me too never hid that from her.She started confide everything in me..her sorrows and happy stuffs..everything.And one day she called me 'bhaiyya" and she really meant it.

We became so close that i was just like a member in her family.But one day,it happened.
I got a message from her but that was not for me but for some one else.It said: "......i had a crush for this guy.......name is Sreekumar......"...i was confused and called her and asked what was that for.At first she tried to run away from the question but finally she admitted it.She too had a crush on me...at the same time i had for her!

After the course she joined some company and never forgot to have contacts with me.But she fell in love with North Indian guy there.I was not at all happy with this.I always believed that i had a special position in her life and now some North Indian idiot is going to take over that.I couldnt stand it.But just because i loved her a lot i supported her.But after that i could feel that she was not the same again....

I reached the auditorium.I rubbed my eyes and checked my watch.Ah..well ahead of the muhurtam.As i stared on top of the auditorium,i saw those words:
******** weds Prianka Krishnan.
The board,which once i wanted my name on it..with hers.
I walked in.I saw her in wedding dress.Wow..that old skinny,oil-haired bubbly girl stands in front of me like a pretty princess.She smilied at me.Those big eyes were twinkling and seemed bigger due to the excitement.She touched my feet which i never expected.I blessed her as her bhaiyya.

i walked out and looked at the sky.I thought: " i am living in the seventh heaven with my angel...but there was always a sixth heaven where two hearts never talked each other..."
I turned back to see her again.There she was,smiling,happy with her husband.
Words came out of my mouth automatically",God bless you..Love you"....

25-03-2015,Sunday

5 comments:

  1. u knw wt i rly dun knw wt to sy.....bt...as..
    i hv olrdy ersd it tn tyms so fnly m wrtn wateva i cn....
    its rly...nice...ratha 2 gd....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx aditi...keep readin ma stories n do comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like happy endings....:D keep gng sreekumar..:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome !!

    Loved it :) Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete